As a member of the Technology and Product Management Team you will join a tightly knit and high performing group of industry veterans shepherding complex and highly integrated products to market.
As a DigitalMedia™ Product Manager here at Crestron, you will work closely with the Technology Manager, DigitalMedia™ to drive the development of video processing and video distribution products from concept through release in a dynamic, creative, and fast-paced environment. Your responsibilities will include product planning, writing and implementing product requirements, championing the product through the development life cycle, and will continue through supporting sales and marketing efforts during the new product rollout.
- Collaborate with Technology Management in creating product roadmaps
- Author detailed product requirements for Crestron’s engineering teams
- Share your vision through product demonstrations to key stakeholders
- Champion the product through the development life cycle
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and technology trends
- Evaluate products and technologies from potential partners and competitors
- Participate in industry tradeshows and other key market events.
- Experience in short, high-throughput product development cycles
- Self-starter with proven ability to constantly learn new software and hardware technologies and an ability to quickly put that learning into practice in support of highly visible real-world projects. Be able to research and become an expert on new technologies relevant to the product line.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to lead team meetings, set expectations, and hold people accountable for delivering the expected product
- Team player with visible company spirit. Demonstrable ability to quickly gain the trust of key stakeholders, end-users, and co-workers alike.
- Ability to be hands-on and travel occasionally to job sites to see how our products are getting installed/applied and be able to translate that experience into a better product.
- Proficiency with, and knowledge of, streaming video protocols, video processing, and distributed video technologies.
- Broad understanding of Ethernetnetworking technologies and protocols as they pertains to residential and commercial AV systems integration.
Ideal Experience & Education:
- 2+ Years of product management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Firmware or Software Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of product development experience
Job ID 2017-4900