The Product Line Manager mainly focus on maintaining existing credential product. The product line manager is an inter-disciplinary role which bridges the development teams, operational and commercial teams. To be able to be successful in the role, the product line manager is expected to have considerable (5-7 years) PACS or credential domain experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Defining features and functions of the segment products, solutions and services based on market requirements
- Lead new product development and introduction with the goal of delivering unique benefits and superior value to customers
- Define and report on key metrics to evaluate and drive improvement for segment revenue and margins
- Manage and coordinate product, solution and service market introductions per region and guarantee adequate monitoring of objectives and defined success factors
- Translate business objectives as well market requirement documents (MRD) in order to validate product requirement documents (PRD), which are developed by engineering and R&D for product development. This includes translating customer and partner research, competitive intelligence, trends, economic signals for the definition of product strategy and documenting requirements.
- Manage SKU count and focus on EOL of product.
- Advice through PRD the SKU requirements for the new product as well packaging requirements
- Evangelizing new products, solutions and services within the company and guarantee internal departments are trained and equipped to deliver on the new offer within the set SLA commitments
- Ensuring that products are within optimal price margins and up to required specifications
- Develop the initial product forecast of new product introductions
- Align segment focus to corporate strategy and deliver innovative and strategic product and solution roadmaps that exceed our customers’ expectations and offer greater customer and partner benefit at lower product cost
- Strategically launches and manages product line for time-to-volume and time-to-profit
- Product life Cycle management for the segment roadmap by regular reporting and managing the financial product performance and driving successful portfolio decisions
- Ensure, through the engagement with the quality team, ISO compliancy on all product development programs
- Pro-actively manage product beta programs to gain further market experience through channel as well with end users
- Acts as the interface on product requirements to product development
- Minimum 5 years application engineering, technical support or product management experience
- Knowledge of physical access control and the security industry desirable.
- Knowledge of contactless RFID credentials, readers and door controller products desirable.
- Should have formal product development processexperience
Education and/or Experience
- BS Degree – Engineering or Computer Science
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read and interpret technical journals, specifications,international technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, etc.
- Desirable to be familiar with programming frameworks and environments.