Bostik is hiring a Product Line Manager in Wauwatosa, WI! This individual will report to the Product Line Management Team Manager under Advanced Packaging and Durable Goods. We seek people who want to be part of a growing, world-class organization. “Stick” with us!
- S/he will be responsible for improving volume growth and profit of selected product lines according to budget expectations.
- Manage products through the entire life cycle including new product introduction and product rationalization.
- Define the product offerings and is accountable for communicating our product offerings both internally and externally.
- Monitor and improve the profitability of the product lines through cost savings initiatives.
- Responsible for all activities of assigned product lines including pricing guidance, labeling, packaging and preparing product related literature.
- Defines product portfolio strategy consistent with overall marketing plan of the business.
- Responsible to maximize profit for continued growth for assigned product lines in selected market segments. Identify levers of profitability enhancement.
- Develop margin improvement initiatives for assigned product lines with sales and supply management. Responsible for SKU management ensuring each SKU is financially justified.
- Develop monthly reports for assigned product lines & segments on sales, margins, industry trends and competitive activity (product competitor benchmarking)
- Manage the local product life cycle and the product review process to rationalize unprofitable products.
- Interact globally with other Bostik entities to identify leverageable product line expansion opportunities and lead the product transfer process.
- Support the demand and supply planning process only for disruptive events such as product allocation scheme, new product introduction, and product rationalization.
- Manages new product launches by transitioning new products from New Product Request process to sales inventory and operation planning process.
- Support Market Segment Teams (MSTs) with marketing plan, strategic plan and budget.
- Support the MMs in the new product commercialization for their specific markets.
- Support the MMs for trade shows related to assigned product line.
- Support supply management to ensure that production units are fully loaded with the best product mix.
- Interface with R&D and Technical Service on assigned product lines and participate in the technology portfolio management effort.
- Practice Safe work habits in accordance with OSHA, EPA guidelines, and Bostik-specific EHS expectations.
Context and Environment:
- The job involves working cross-functionally and globally with all functions of the organization to manage the product line. This role is based out of the Wauwatosa, Wisconsin office.
- A fast paced, high pressure environment where you are involved in a wide variety of functions and activities.
- Continuous improvement of plant processes to meet plant and business objectives.
- Work with all functions of the plant and outside the plant to achieve results.
- Product line strategy for the assigned product lines.
- All aspects of the product life cycle for the assigned product lines (new product introduction, product pricing, margin improvement initiatives, product rationalization).
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Targeted range of 7 to 10 years proven experience in Product Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team. Strong drive.
- Ability to work cross functionally and influence without direct authority.
- Strong business acumen and analysis skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain multiple priorities.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to win. Highly motivated, fast pace execution. Motivated self-starter.
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in Excel.
- Ability to eventually travel approximately 25% of the time.