Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for coordinating and managing the strategic product roadmap, product launch and product integration.
• Manages new products/systems/services and life cycle from phase in to phase out. Ensures that features, quality, and cost objectives are reached and relevant schedules are met.
• Responsible for managing the profitability and life cycle of assigned products by defining pricing guidelines, managing pricing models and determining market positioning.
• Follow product life cycle performance to determine product demand, positioning, viability and profitability.
• Develops business cases and marketing scopes with functional requirements. Work with engineering to generate product definitions for assigned products.
• Responsible for analyzing market conditions, product trends, performance, and competitiveness in an effort to determine strategic sales approach with the objective of maximizing sales revenues, market share and profit margins.
• Manage different channel to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales to ensure best market coverage
• Engage with ABB internal stakeholders in Marketing & Sales, Project Management, Operations, R&D and Service to understand the Go-To-Market approach.
• Work with R&D to propose and evaluate product feasibility projects and roadmaps for new products.
• Develop competitive solutions analysis and price/cost expectations for newly developed products.
• Monitors global sales target fulfillment and tender volumes and takes action as appropriate. In preparation for new product launch.
• Drive growth through product line extensions and cost reductions efforts.
• Conduct voice of the customer interviews and feed customer desires internally through customer visits, industry association participation, and competitive research.
• Responsible for supporting Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for each product.
• Track and analyze performance and trends in volume and product line profitability.
• Lead and facilitate cross functional group meetings and establish quarterly meetings with Senior Management.
• Coordinate with sales, engineering, purchasing and product support teams on relevant product issues.
• Manage, conduct and participate in technical sales training and industry tradeshows.
• Develop annual multi-view market valuation to evaluate market and contribute to annual marketing plans.
• Develop product marketing literature, competitive positioning charts, success stories, etc.
• Develop and coordinate marketing communications materials for all sales channels, internal and external, related to new product launches, tradeshow exhibits, channel promotions, etc.
• Drive creation of success stories, press releases, and other persuasive materials for the purpose of driving more sales.
• Manage the planning and organization of events (ABB events, industry events, webinars), and produce post-event reports.
• Manage, conduct and participate in technical sales training.
• Bachelors' degree and a minimum 5 years of Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Business Development experience.
• MBA Preferred
• Understanding of electrical distribution systems and equipment, medium or low voltage products.
• Product marketing experience in power distribution products or significant commercial experience through various channels to market, including electrical contractors, distributors or system integrators.
• Previous experience as a Product Line Manager for a similar organization.
• Proficient with MS Suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience in CRM systems preferred.
• Advanced graphic and design skills preferred.
• Technical aptitude and ability to understand, translate and communicate practical customer technical requirements.
• Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills.
• Understanding of design principles, concepts, and related practices.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to comprehend, write complex formulas, graph and analyze data.
• Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current industry trends / market intelligence in the power distribution space.