ABB is seeking a Product Line Manager, that will be responsible for the development and implementation of the product line strategic plan, including new product development projects and marketing programs to obtain growth in orders, sales and profits for assigned transformer products. The role will be responsible for developing marketing requirements that can be transformed into specification and development activities in an effort to optimize return on investment. The role will plan, manage and oversee the formulation of objectives and business plans for ABB’s dry-type transformers, including meeting sales, market share, price realization, profitability and product quality metrics. This individual will lead new product development processes and provide direct voice of customer back into Engineering. The position will require direct customer interface in an effort to promote ABB’s transformer products.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responsible for coordinating and managing the strategic product roadmap, product launch and product integration.
• Manages new products/systems/services and life cycle from phase in to phase out. Ensures that features, quality, and cost objectives are reached and relevant schedules are met.
• Responsible for managing the profitability and life cycle of assigned products by defining pricing guidelines, managing pricing models and determining market positioning.
• Follow product life cycle performance to determine product demand, positioning, viability and profitability.
• Develops business cases and marketing scopes with functional requirements. Work with engineering to generate product definitions for assigned products.
• Responsible for analyzing market conditions, product trends, performance, and competitiveness in an effort to determine strategic sales approach with the objective of maximizing sales revenues, market share and profit margins.
• Manage different channel to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales to ensure best market coverage
• Engage with ABB internal stakeholders in Marketing & Sales, Project Management, Operations, R&D and Service to understand the Go-To-Market approach.
• Work with R&D to propose and evaluate product feasibility projects and roadmaps for new products.
• Develop competitive solutions analysis and price/cost expectations for newly developed products.
• Monitors global sales target fulfillment and tender volumes and takes action as appropriate. In preparation for new product launch.
• Drive growth through product line extensions and cost reductions efforts.
• Conduct voice of the customer interviews and feed customer desires internally through customer visits, industry association participation, and competitive research.
• Responsible for supporting Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for each product.
• Track and analyze performance and trends in volume and product line profitability.
• Lead and facilitate cross functional group meetings and establish quarterly meetings with Senior Management.
• Coordinate with sales, engineering, purchasing and product support teams on relevant product issues.
• Manage, conduct and participate in technical sales training and industry tradeshows.
• Develop annual multi-view market valuation to evaluate market and contribute to annual marketing plans.
• Develop product marketing literature, competitive positioning charts, success stories, etc.
• Develop and coordinate marketing communications materials for all sales channels, internal and external, related to new product launches, tradeshow exhibits, channel promotions, etc.
• Drive creation of success stories, press releases, and other persuasive materials for the purpose of driving more sales.
• Manage the planning and organization of events (ABB events, industry events, webinars), and produce post-event reports.
• Manage, conduct and participate in technical sales training.
• Bachelors' degree and a minimum 5 years of Product Management, Marketing, Sales, Business Development experience.
• MBA Preferred
• Understanding of electrical distribution systems and equipment, medium or low voltage products.
• Product marketing experience in power distribution products or significant commercial experience through various channels to market, including electrical contractors, distributors or system integrators.
• Previous experience as a Product Line Manager for a similar organization.
• Proficient with MS Suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience in CRM systems preferred.
• Advanced graphic and design skills preferred.
• Technical aptitude and ability to understand, translate and communicate practical customer technical requirements.
• Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills.
• Understanding of design principles, concepts, and related practices.
• Strong analytical skills, ability to comprehend, write complex formulas, graph and analyze data.
• Highly articulate individual with excellent written communications and presentation skills.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of current industry trends / market intelligence in the power distribution space.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.