General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We currently have multiple exciting opportunities for Product Line Finance Managers in Poway, Ca. The position reports to the Director of Product Line Finance and FP&A and is directly responsible for Profit Center Financial Management through leadership, guidance and direction ensuring quality and timeliness of financial information to support business unit leadership decision making, forecasting/budgeting and reporting. A successful team member must be adaptable and flexible to constant changing business requirements in both a technical and non-technical environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial leadership, guidance and strategy operating as a business partner and trusted advisor to a Product Line Vice President and leadership.
- Directly responsible for all Product Line financial matters, including providing sound financial advice, decision-making, and proactively identifying business issues and driving resolution in a timely manner.
- Review and challenge when necessary budgets/forecasts, performance and other metrics.
- Works cross functionally to help ensure efficient business processes, strong operational results and profitability of the Product Line.
- Fiscal responsibility for all aspects of the Product Line including bookings, revenue, profit, cash, IRAD, B&P, capital, forecast inventory, billed and unbilled receivable, overhead, and labor utilization.
- Provide leadership for improving financial performance of the Product Line portfolio.
- Engage in pricing and proposal activities; to include participating in pricing strategy, bid reviews, negotiation support and incorporation of proposal financialrisk.
- Provide insight delivered to non- finance managers, including potential actions for recovery to plans. Provide guidance in the development of long term strategic plans and financial planning to include Annual Operating Plan development and budgeting to include Capital expenditures.
- Challenges assumptions made in the financial plans and ensure investments are aligned with the strategic plan.
- Review and challenge where appropriate program Estimates at Completion and provide insight into risk and impact of these estimates.
- Coordination and liaison with Finance and Accounting departments.
- Perform investment analysis and modeling to include ROI calculations on business opportunities.
- Ensure accuracy of financial results for monthly/quarterly Close process.
- Monitor/update controls and procedures to ensure quality and reliability of financial information and reporting.
- On a monthly basis, partner with the program team to prepare and deliver an integrated Product Line P&L Report and Executive Summary Analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline and eleven or more years of progressively complex experience in finance/accounting with at least five of those years in management. Must have experience in or government contractor environment.
- Equivalent experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- An MBA in business or related field, CPA or CMA certification, and/or experience negotiating accounting issues with government agencies is highly desirable.
- Must demonstrate a detailed application of industry and government finance/accounting management principles and practices as well as comprehensive finance/accounting leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
- Must be able to resolve complex management and finance/accounting problems; serve as spokesperson on projects and/or programs; and be an expert in one or more finance/accounting management areas. Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Job ID#: 23393BR