You will help the Merchandisers at Burton do their work better and more efficiently. Merchandising is the way of the world for retail and consumer brands. For merchants at Burton, everything begins and ends with the customer. The Merchandising Team understands regional needs, customer behavior, trends and market competition, and uses it to create the right product mix for marketplaces around the world.
What You Get to Do:
Your day to day:
- Your immediate customers are your team members. You are always ready to take on any task or project to help them out. Ideally, you are ready to jump in before they even ask you to.
- You will work with the Merchandising Team on projects related to market and competitor analyses, brand and product strategy, and research and development in the industry.
- Assist the Merch Team with all tasks, such as sell in decks, global and regional presentations, roundups, and all other miscellaneous collateral needed throughout each season.
- Help the Merch Team manage all of their respective tools used throughout the season, for instance: Pricing Tools, ProofHQ, Line Plans, Round-Ups, Change Analyses, etc. You will need to know Illustrator, crush Excel, master PowerPoint and just overall be good with (new) technology.
- On an as-needed basis, attend fittings with the Technical Design Team to track changes, update line plans, and document action items and follow-ups.
- Attend all cross-functional department meetings to take notes when asked, document action items, and follow up with individuals to ensure tasks get completed.
- Assist Merch Team with scheduling inter-company weekly meetings, phone calls, etc.
- Sometimes you will be asked to coordinate and/or facilitate all travel needs for Merch Team.
What You'll Bring to the Team:
Your Character & Skillset:
- A master communicator and team player with empathy. You are nice but honest, makes shit happen, delivers accurately and on time.
- Naturally, you’re detail focused, proactive and have a nagging sense of urgency because you only live once.
- A degree in Business or comparable, and 3+ years of relevant Product experience. This can be working in a shop, but you will need to know how to sling softgoods and Burton’s product line.
- You should have a strong knowledge of snowboarding and skateboarding culture, and excellent Office and Illustrator skills. Knowledge of PLM systems a plus.
- You are able to travel – both internationally & domestically. Travel can include market and store visits, sales meetings, and clinics as well as meeting with our pro riders for rider roundtables, etc.
- You have an ability to sit, stand and work on a computer for long periods of time, work in a sometimes noisy environment, and see color.