Careers that Change Lives
The Product Lifecycle Manager - OEM is responsible for Product Continuity and relevancy for the entire OEM product Portfolio.
The Successful candidate will develop working relationships with our OEM partners and all relevant internal stakeholders to develop and maintain Released Product Engineering road maps for our released products, advocating for products changes and improvements to meet new regulatory standards and mitigate products complaints, as well as leading Product Change Notification processes and knowledge transfer to the relevant commercial and customer facing functions in the global Patient Monitoring organization. Position Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a life-cycle sustainment plan and operating mechanism to assure products continuity for the OEM products portfolio from launch through the expiration of the product's Technical Service obligation. (post EOL)
- The OEM PLM will maintain constant, clear and open communications between internal and external stakeholders to focus on product strategy, relevance, and quality issues.
- Consolidate all feedbacks around the OEM products portfolio (Quality, RA, CM Engineering, Global Marketing, Technical Service, Customer Service, PMV, OEM partners, OEM Engineering, Strategic Alliances) and incorporate into business decisions. Initiate and drive projects charters for the OEM products portfolio to assure our products meet the necessary compliance standards and quality requirements.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining an operating mechanism for Product Change Notifications (PCN) for any updates to our existing OEM products. Collaborate with R&D to define the PCN and manage all communications with our OEM partners.
- Effectively communicate on regular basis vertically and horizontally in the organization PLM activities progresses demonstrating accountability for functional and business objectives
- Liaise and actively collaborate with stakeholders in order to help map OEM PLM requirements and corresponding business process changes and establish an RPE activity roadmap for all released OEM products.
- Advocate and represent VOC for the OEM channel. Proactively reach out for feedback and constantly drive for improvements with our products and processes. A Day in the Life
(high level overview)
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Formulates and reviews corporate short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific product or product line.
- Conducts competitive product analysis and market research of product consumer behavior and professional audience.
- Determines the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements.
- Develops production and marketing strategies and tactics to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product, brand, or product area over its entire life cycle.
- Works with other functions to finalize product specifications.
- Provides advertising with core brand equity.
- Serves as technical adviser, demonstrating products and troubleshooting product issues.
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Product Management experience in the healthcare industry.
- Customer interaction and B2B experience. High communication skills.
- Experience with basic project management tools and processes
- Experience participating in multi-functional internal and external teams
- Knowledge of FDA, CE, ISO and IEC standards for patient monitors/medical devices
- Ability to develop relationships with internal supporting functions and external partners and customers.
- Strong customer focus mindset.
- Strong clinical acumen. Patient Monitoring related applications is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in parallel.
- Cross-functional team leader
- Maintain a sense of urgency, facilitate problem solving sessions and meetings to address obstacles, and hold team members accountable to project commitments.About Medtronic
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)