The Technology Engineering group is part of KATERRA's R&D which defines, plans, and executes the strategic vision and implementation of innovative technology solutions. These technology solutions include PLM & design tools that drive key business processes and efficiency for KATERRA's initiatives and operations. PLM plays a very critical and strategic role in shaping the Lifecycle Management of Parts, BOM, Supplier Management, etc. for KATERRA's operations.
The scope of the PLM Analyst role will be accountable for a range of engineering application systems, starting with the PLM environment from system compliance with IT standards and processes of the company. In addition, will be responsible for maintenance and upgrades as well as day-to-day User Support of end-users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of current PLM and ERP application portfolio and the technical needs of project and functional end-users.
- Monitor, address, and resolve production, environmental incidents, service request, workflows, client install packages, etc., collaboratively with other support teams.
- Perform root cause analysis, debugging problems within the PLM and ERP environment and work with the appropriate technical teams to develop, test, and implement fixes to prevent recurrence.
- Provide demos to users when required and hands-on user support when needed.
- Partners with process owners, business analysts, systems analysts, and architects to gather, document, and review functional architectural and technical requirements as well as define application's functional designs.
- Works with software vendors on solution requirements, design, configuration, functionality gap resolution, implementation, support, maintenance, and enhancement of the applications.
- Assist with IT implementation and software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and point-of-contact on content, processes, procedures, and functionality associated with assigned applications for projects and application support (as needed).
- Creates and manages functional specifications for a given project, from which programs and configurations will be applied to create the program, application, or complete solution.
- Translate functional requirements to technical design and solution.
- Creates business requirements documentations to provide to IT and software implementation teams.
- Provide technical consultancy to product owners and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines.
- Develop PLM and ERP-related test scenarios, scripts, procedures and test protocols.
- Drives execution of standard test procedures for PLM-related projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business, Technology, Engineering or equivalent experience with PLM and ERP systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience in product development, new product introduction, manufacturing or equivalent experience
- Strong analytical skills, systems thinking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solver with innovative approaches to complex problems
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in managing projects and/or knowledge of project management
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning and successfully working in multicultural environments
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience with CAD/PLM software, Configuration Management
- Experience with Master Data Management
- Experience with SAP in an industrial or manufacturing application
- Experience with lean manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Experience working with and supervising offshore resources