Reporting to the VP of Products, PatientSafe Solutions is looking for a highly-motivated product lead to translate user needs, observations, and functional requirements into innovative products. The successful candidate will define product requirements and specification to drive the engineering development process and actively participating in the take to market process to assure product success. The successful candidate will become part of the PatientSafe team and share in the excitement of developing the PatientTouch system: an innovative mobile collaborations solution that significantly improves the delivery of care across the care continuum.
You will act as the conduit for requirements between our customer community, product management team, sales, and software development team in a highly collaborative and complex clinical environment. In addition to defining product requirements and specification to drive the engineering development process, you will also actively participate in the take-to-market strategy to assure product success. This is an opportunity to become part of the PatientSafe team and share in the excitement of developing the PatientTouch system: an innovative point-of-care mobile solution that significantly improves the delivery of care in hospitals.
The candidate owns the full spectrum of upstream and downstream product management for this portfolio. In addition to market analysis, launch, and roadmap planning, the Product Lead will be a key stakeholder in the agile development process and closely interact with the development team. Candidate must be keen on transforming business objectives and domain-specific marketing requirements into actionable engineering stories. The Product Lead will work closely with Engineering Technical and Architectural Leads in developing product concepts and technology roadmap.
In addition to the above activities, the Product Lead will participate in customer success programs and reference site development—working closely with field operations, documentation, and product marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Full ownership of product portfolio, roadmap, value prop definition, launch, and pricing design.
- Serve as lead in an agile with scrum development methodology developing mobile client/server healthcare software: define user stories, actively participate in Sprint process and manage cost, feature, and scheduletradeoffs throughout the development cycle.
- Work with clinical and care process domain experts to define mobile clinical workflows for clinical alerting systems.
- Transform business, market and clinical requirements into executable user stories for engineering.
- Effectively interface with cross-functional teams of clinical domain experts, market experts, program management, and HW/SW development teams in a new product development process.
- Validation of product functionality against market and product requirements.
- Manage beta tests and other customer feedback processes to validate product functionality and funnel new requirements and fixes back into development.
- Provide constant source of competitive research and insights as input to product development and market positioning.
- Provide product knowledge, product feature/benefits, and demos to Sales Organization to enable effective selling.
- 8+ years of experience in healthcare systems with a background in clinical workflows, communications, and/or alerting systems.
- Technical background in healthcare information systems.
- Experience working with clinical users who have minimal knowledge of software applications and capturing their domain knowledge as well-formed requirements and user stories.
- Familiarity with an agile software development with Scrum methodology with the ability to be effective in an iterative development environment.
- Experience writing requirements for a commercial software product; experience writing enterprise-class software requirements, user stories and specifications a must.
- Understanding of Rational Unified Process (RUP) or similar methodologies.
- Experience in developing on mobile application platform (iOS and Android) and desktop/web-based applications.
- Healthcare information systems and clinical user experience a plus but not required.