Over the past decade, millions of Americans have been forced to put their dreams of homeownership on hold. Home prices have outpaced wage growth while mortgage requirements continue to tighten. As a result, renters are missing out on a critical wealth-building opportunity: owning a home.
At Divvy, we're building an on-ramp to homeownership - one that's more affordable, more flexible, and an overall better fit for the modern American family - and it's working.
Divvy Homes is a vision and mission-driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (home buyers and agents) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of making homeownership accessible to everyone.
About the Channels team
Within Divvy, you will lead the Channels team, with the vision of scaling distribution of Divvy Home's rent-to-own product by empowering channel partners. Channels spans two pillars: (1) building products that support our agent partners - helping them acquire customers, match customers with homes, and build their business; and (2) building products that bring our partnerships to life, with ideas such as surfacing Divvy Homes as a resource within employer portals or partnerships with teacher's unions.
A key part of this role will be looking across teams to connect dots, signals, and align roadmaps so that the team's have a unified vision and the work of one team strengthens/supports the other. As the Product lead for the Channels team, you will start out as a hands-on PM that over time will build and manage a team of PMs and grow this business unit within Divvy.
- Senior IC role that will grow into a lead/manager role as the company grows.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your product area.
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (Finance, Sales/Marketing, Operations, Customer Support, etc.) and the Leadership/Executive team.
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
- Exceptional team-player that is willing to wear all hats.
- 6+ years of product management experience. Management experience a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership with an ability to lead and influence teams
- Proven track record of translating customer needs into product features and solutions
- Highly analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions while balancing the right approach for our community
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Ability to orchestrate across teams, both yours and others', to build and execute complex business plans and strategies
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, from individual and team-level, up to C-suite.
- Preferred: Experience with leading user research sessions.
- Preferred: Experience working with partnerships and business development teams.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We prioritize a commitment to diversity in our team building process. We enthusiastically encourage individuals from a variety of lived experiences to reach out.