Outline of Role:
As part of the Technical Services Team, and based at our Corporate headquarters in Mahwah, NJ, the Product Investigation Senior Engineer offers the unique opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic self-starter to act as a technical interface in the assigned vehicle commodity group (Electrical including Telematics, Navigation and Diagnostics) in support of customer service and sales and marketing departments within Jaguar Land Rover North America, the North American JLR retailer network, and JLR UK based technical teams.
- Act as the technical subject matter expert within the Customer Service department, as well as mentor the junior engineer.
- For all model lines in North American markets, create market problem definitions using the appropriate customer and vehicle fault data set (including electronic product quality reports, technical assistance, road side assistance, warranty, customer relationship center and media), complete the submission process successfully first time and liaise with relevant stakeholders involved in the problem-solving process to ensure a robust and timely service fix delivery to the market.
- Validate service fix before it is published to the retailer network.
- Analyze returned warranty parts and utilize findings as part of market problem definition process.
- Identify critical concerns during data collection and support critical concerns process.
- Take ownership of commodity based issues during new model launches and support Product Investigation launch champion.
- Create, review and approve technical and special service message communications for retailer network.
- Support technicians in the Technical Center on diagnosing high hurt issues.
- Support dealer on-site investigation and issue resolution on high hurt issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
- AAS Degree in Automotive or relevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- ASE Certification.
- Minimum 7 years in an automotive technical service or engineering capacity.
- Ability to conduct in depth technical analysis, communicate and resolve technical problems.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering, physics, principals of electricity and electronics.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite for data analysis.
- Understanding of dealer customer service operations.
- Understanding of technicians needs and expectations to service & repair automobiles.
- Strong Communication Skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work in a team and independently with applied initiative.
- Must have strong business acumen, and the ability to work with people at varying levels within the organization.
- Must have the ability to travel domestically approximately 15% of the time.