We are currently looking for a Product Interoperability Validation Engineer to join our team. As a member of a collaborative Customer Success team, the Product Interoperability Validation Engineer will be involved in replicating complex customer problems, analyzing for root causes, recommending remediation procedures or best practices and documenting test methods, processes and knowledge bases. In addition, this position is responsible for validating proper interoperability of Thales products with third-party software.
This is a multi-disciplined role; the successful candidate should be able to perform hardware/software setup in a variety of lab configurations. This will include various OS platforms, storage products, databases, security protection software, HA clustering software, etc. The candidate must be a strategic thinker, well organized and able to work within fast paced engineering environments and is also expected via collaboration with the broader Technical Support, QA and Developer teams to drive continual improvements to our processes and methodologies, all with the goal of continually improving the product quality and customer experience.
• Work closely with global support teams on customer escalation issues to ensure timely to resolution
• Configure and duplicate the customer’s environment where necessary to replicate the issues for diagnosing
• Identify the root causes and use this information to improve continuously within support & field service teams
• Work closely with global development teams to diagnose issues and validating fixes
• Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks
• Formal software configuration management & control tools
Skills and Experience:
• Experience in system admin or system level testing on multi-platform (Linux, UNIX and Windows) and having strong knowledge of the hardware, software application, networking and complex security within the IT infrastructure.
o Must be familiar with OS configuration
o In-depth and technical understanding of:
? File Systems and Storages
? Databases (SQL and noSQL)
? High Availability and Fault Tolerance
? TCP/IP networking
? Client-server architected environments
o Data security experience strongly desired in the fields of:
? Key Management
? Access controls
• Experience with big data and Hadoop File System (e.g. Hortonworks, Cloudera, Big Insight or MapR)
• Experience with cluster technologies (MS, Veritas, Sun Cluster, HACMP or Oracle ASM)
• Experience with databases, particularly with Oracle, Sybase, DB2, or MongoDB
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Must have good written & verbal communication skills and excellent track record of success.
• Ability to interact professionally with customers, communicate effectively with team members and collaborate with all levels of the organization.
• Good working knowledge of virtualized server technologies and cloud services
• Knowledge of remote configuration management tool (e.g. Chef, Puppet) is highly desired
• Experience with performance and/or security testing is plus
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering) Master’s degree a plus
Are you ready to be part a part of something big? If your skills, experience and attitude are a match and you’re looking for an exciting challenge, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch.
Job ID: R0022650