- Provide day-to-day leadership for quality assurance programs and influence of attitudes toward people, departments and company teamwork in general.
- Guide the quality team in terms of present and future requirements
- Promote the concept of individual responsibility for quality assurance.
- Set the standards for interdepartmental actions and integration of quality planning with product and
- Set standards for good relations and communications with customers and regulatory agencies.
- Determine effect of quality requirements and regulations on all segments of facility activities.
- Lead efforts to identify and obtain regulatory approvals
- Direct department and facility toward continual dedication to prevention of defects, continuous improvement and lean manufacturing/Six Sigma concepts.
- Participate in recruiting, selection, and development of all operations personnel through maintaining discipline and personnel relations, interviewing screened applicants. Provide input for hiring,
terminations, transfers, salary adjustments and promotions.
- Determine specific quality goals and objectives. Support facility fiscal and schedule goals.
- Stimulate timeliness, decisiveness, and clarity of quality decisions and assure that criteria are
appropriate to meet goals.
- Direct the evaluation of processes and records through audits and trend analysis for current and future requirements.
- Manage vendor base to assure quality and on-time delivery parts are received.
- Maintain appropriate ISO certification requirements and coordinate registration activities as management representative.
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their work area.
- Knowledge of auditing processes
- Demonstrated project management experience—planning, budget, allocation of resources.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills together with demonstrated experience troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to interact with people at all levels inside and outside Ducommun
- Proficient in technical writing with good documentation skills
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements (UL)Working knowledge of SPC, TQM
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, ISO, and Mil Specs, as applicable
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with customers and project company image to attract business.
- Intermediate level of computer skills in email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and MRP/ERP.
- Leadership skills—people management, meeting facilitation, and customer support
- Ability to multitask efficiently and adapt within a rapidly changing environment
- Exceptional organization skills are required, with emphasis on attention to details
- Abilities listed in the General Requirements of Team Members
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Business
- Minimum 5-7 years progressive experience in quality management with supervisory experience, including military, where applicable, and commercial customers
- Black Belt certification preferred.
- Auditing certification experience required.