Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for a Product Insights & Operations Manager to join our team at our Los Angeles, CA headquarters! Working closely with Designers, Product & Program Managers, Data Scientists, and Strategy team members, you will closely track our product and user metrics, contribute to the product and growth narrative for the executive team, and help build the foundation to incorporate data-driven insights to our product decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor and deeply understand product and user metrics by region, demo, platform and depth of engagement using internal and external data sources
- Identify areas of emerging opportunities and risks based on metrics trends on a timely basis, often serving as the team’s early alert system
- Develop market-level insights including market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive dynamics, with a focus on identifying growth levers
- Contribute to the narrative and reporting on key metrics and trends to senior executives and the Board of Directors, which in turn will inform external shareholders
- Build a process to put data-driven insights as a key input to how we build product alongside Data Science
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative role (e.g., data, finance, strategy consulting) with a focus in technology or social media a plus
- Experience in accurately interpreting trends from vast amount of data
- Expertise in Excel and familiarity with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g., BigQuery, Looker, Tableau)
- Able to distill large volumes of data into digestible and actionable insights
- Ability to structure problems and develop / test hypotheses in a logical and streamlined fashion
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) skills and experience working cross-functionally
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!