We're looking for an amazing addition to our growing team who can shape the next stage of our Owned Brands portfolio. Grove’s Owned Brands is the driving force behind the company’s exponential growth. We create innovative consumer-centric & data-led Home and Personal Care brands and products that set the standard in efficacy, sustainability and aesthetic. As Product Innovation Manager, you will work with a network of like-minded manufacturers and across the Grove organization to bring innovative, leading edge new products to our platform. We want to hear from candidates who have demonstrated success in building products from the ground up in the CPG space.
- Serve as the product expert for categories and brands within your domain: Conduct product research, competitive analysis and stay on top of macro and category trends. Stay at the forefront of sustainability trends and lead advancements in categories you own. Take on new products and categories as relevant, diving deep to develop new expertise quickly.
- Provide sourcing support: Find new product and packaging suppliers for projects. Vet new vendors to see if they meet project requirements and Grove sustainability standards
- Manage vendor relationships: Own day to day communications with vendors and hold them accountable to timelines and deliverables. Build strong relationships to ensure that vendors deliver the highest level of service and support to Grove. Work with legal to execute supply agreements with all vendors.
- Own project management: Create and own all project timelines. Run weekly timeline meetings and constantly collaborate with cross-functional partners – creative, packaging, inventory, R&D - to ensure projects are delivered on time in full.
- Conduct business analysis: Support making the business case for new products and categories. Track performance of products and categories to inform roadmap
- Take full ownership of select categories and/or brands and support the director across all initiatives (support will vary by initiative).
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- You have 7+ years of professional experience, with 5+ of those years working firsthand with physical products in Home & Personal Care, e-comm led preferred
- You are passionate about leaving a positive impact in the world
- You have in-depth knowledge of the product innovation process; sampling, costing, testing, pre-production, TOP, etc.
- You are a product guru. You understand how things are made, how to rigorously test them and how to improve their performance
- You are hyper-organized and detail oriented. You’re excited by the challenging of managing many complex, high-priority projects at once
- You love to work hard, learn fast, and make an impact right away
- You are obsessed with the consumer
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills