Job ID: HAC005139
Hach is a world leader in the manufacture and distribution of analytical instruments, test kits and reagents for testing the quality of water, aqueous solutions and air. Our products are designed specifically for quality, accuracy, and simplicity. Strengthened by our sister companies in the environmental industry worldwide, our goal for the future is to continue to provide customers with reliable instrumentation, accurately prepared reagents, proven methods, simplified procedures and outstanding technical support. We offer an environment that is team-centered, customer-driven, quality-focused, and growth-oriented. Working at Hach will provide you the opportunity for robust career development.
OUR MISSION: Ensure water quality for people around the world.
OUR VISION: We make water analysis better – faster, simpler, greener and more informative – via unsurpassed customer partnerships, the most knowledgeable experts, and reliable, easy-to-use products.
WATER QUALITY GROUP
Danaher`s Water Quality Business is a global leader in water quality analysis and treatment, providing instrumentation and disinfection systems to help analyze and manage the quality of ultra-pure water, portable water, wastewater, groundwater and ocean water in residential, commercial, industrial, and natural resource applications. Our water quality business provides products under a variety of brands, including HACH, ChemTreat, and Trojan Technologies.
The purpose of the Product Innovation Manager (PIM) is to identify, define, and quantify new business opportunities in order to drive product innovations and technical breakthroughs to our core markets. This business-focused position develops and/or redefines current businesses, products, and business models for Hach.
- Drive innovative business opportunities through Hach’s product development process (DDS) in the capacity of a Product Owner/Manager from “product ideation” to “design frozen” phase of the projects
- Relies on Voice of the Customer, internal knowledge and business analysis tools to prioritize critical customer needs to address in new products.
- Responsible for the development of business cases, scoping products, assesses competition and market segmentations.
- Serves as the business lead on innovation projects to assure maximum return in investment taking into account risks, market size, investment, and margin.
- Lead the development teams to identify customer pain-points, develop user needs and solve customer problems.
Essential Leadership Attributes:
- Sees and create a future vision for addressing customer needs, develop strategic plan and execute on a tactical level.
- Customer focused and willing to be a “customer-champion” within a cross-functional team
- Candidate must be driven for results and action oriented – Demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset and a sense of urgency.
- Candidate must be able to manage complexity – Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to simplify complex issues.
- Candidate must be an effective communicator – Ability to present ideas in a thoughtful way as well as showing the behaviors of active listening.
- Positive, “we will win” attitude. Self-motivated and self-driven
- Approaches work with a strong sense of ownership, commitment and urgency
- BS or BA in Engineering or the Sciences required
- MBA or equivalent highly desirable
- 5-10 years of related Product Planning, Product Management or Project Management experience
- Broad and deep understanding of Voice of Customer research methodologies and applications
- Extensive expertise in product definition and product development
- Demonstrated skill at leading a global cross-discipline team
- Ability to present highly complex, technical, or difficult messages clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to quickly acquire new knowledge and skills as required
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize clearly and manage finite resources
- Travel requirement of 25%