Alstom's approach can be summarized in one word – "fluidity". Alstom is a global leader in passenger, freight and mining rail transportation, signalling, and infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. Alstom builds the fastest train and the highest capacity automated metro in the world, provides a wide variety of associated maintenance, modernization, overall and refurbishment services and turnkey transportation solutions. Our 32,000 employees worldwide rigorously apply the Alstom Code of Ethics and work closely with our community of stakeholders to deliver solutions and services that bear the brand of Alstom. Alstom businesses had sales of €6 billion for the 2014/2015 fiscal year. Visit www.alstom.com to learn more about our business.
Reporting to the Product Sourcing and Industrialization Manager, the Product Industrialization Manager leads the industrial activities QCD and product roadmap on new development and current product from the development phase until the serial end of life. The PIM manages the industrial and technical coordination with product lines.
What are my responsibilities?
- Manage lead time and product cost.
- Define product cost breakdown structure.
- Manage industrial review, create and follow industrial scheme and industrial planning for the product she/he is responsible for.
- Define Make or Buy scheme. She/he will also contribute to all technical transfer, as resourcing or double source, and business case preparation.
- Develop co-engineering way of working.
- Fill the ERP with operational information. Lead the product change management.
- Be the technical support with suppliers. She/he will be accountable to communicate definition file, standards and technical information to the suppliers.
- Help to manage quality of sub-contracted products.
- Is the interface to manage mockup and prototype.
- Manage the manufacturing and test tools used by the vendors. Is accountable to prepare tooling in order to introduce new product. Improve the existing manufacturing and test tools, and equipment.
- Coordinate the Design For Manufacturing rules application. Generate manufacturing program instructions and routines. Is informed of the test strategy application.
- Coordinate component end-of-life management and is accountable for information related to last time buy order.
- Coordinate industrial experts on product topics.
- Optimize standardization for new and current products.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- B.S. / B.A.
- Engineer School is desirable or technical experience following graduation.
- 5 years experience in industrial environment.
- Proven and demonstrable ability to successfully manage technical issues.
- Be resilient, committed, and self-starting whilst strongly value the strength of the team.
- A clear understanding of co-engineering and methods principles is essential
- The successful candidate will be someone who has a passion for extending their knowledge and is detail oriented in their everyday working life. Inherent desire to understand complex technologies and solutions. Able to resolve complex, multi-functional problems
- A strong communicator with the ability to interact at all levels within internal and external organizations
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Knowledge of SAP