You have the opportunity to:
The Product Industrialization Engineer position provides the successful candidate with an immediate opportunity to be involved with technology that helps save lives, improve patient outcomes, and reduce the cost of medicine around the world. Philips is a leading innovator in Ultrasound Imaging, and at the heart of every Ultrasound System is a transducer. Transducer technology is a cornerstone in the Philips Healthcare portfolio. As an international organization, Philips is well placed to offer a broad range of technical and leadership opportunities in various organizations throughout the world.
In this role, you will:
focus primarily on releasing new products into manufacturing. In addition, you will play a key role in developing new manufacturing processes and implementing process controls. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development of new processes that are highly capable and predictable.
- Work with the R&D team to optimize new designs for manufacturability.
- Transfer new transducer designs from R&D into manufacturing.
- Develop and execute design and process verification activities, including statistical analysis and testing.
- Identify and develop automated process solutions to reduce cost and reduce process variation.
- Identify, analyze, and implement cost reduction solutions using lean manufacturing techniques to improve product cost structure.
- Resolve manufacturing and quality problems, including yield and nonconforming product.
- Identify, specify, and coordinate installation and validation of new manufacturing equipment.
You are a part of:
The Product Industrialization Engineering team consists of 40 other engineers with diverse backgrounds and expertise. The Engineering team works in close collaboration with Operations, R&D, Purchasing, and Q&R locally and across the globe. The fast paced environment places emphasis on a first time right approach, as such in-depth knowledge of product design, root-cause analysis and regulatory compliance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial, or related field followed by 5+ years of practical experience applying engineering principles in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide technical leadership in ambiguous situations
- Ability to lead teams across the organization on projects
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), team leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Statistical Methods (Process Capability, SPC, Trend Analysis)
- Working knowledge of mechanical drawings, electrical schematics, control systems and data acquisition methods.
- Experience in a regulated environment
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Experience with the validation, documentation, and manufacturing of medical devices
- Green belt/black belt or Shainin certification
- Solid Works or other CAD software experience
- Minitab experience
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa