We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Alstom’s approach can be summarized in one word – “fluidity”. Alstom is a global leader in passenger, freight and mining rail transportation, signalling, and infrastructure, and sets the benchmark for innovative and environmentally friendly technologies. We are a global leader in the transportation sector, in the digital age. As a promoter of sustainable mobility, Alstom develops and markets systems, equipment and services for the transport sector. Alstom offers a complete range of solutions (from high-speed trains to metros, tramways and e-buses), passenger solutions, customised services (maintenance, modernisation), infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Alstom is a world leader in integrated transport systems. The company recorded sales of €8.1 billion and booked €12.1 billion of orders in the 2018/19 fiscal year. Headquartered in France, Alstom is present in over 60 countries and employs 36,300 people. Visit to learn more about our business.
Purpose of the job
- Manage industrialization team during development phase of the product.
- Ensure the process is designed and implemented in line with the industrial requirements and the QCD objectives of the project.
- Is the main industrialization contact for all other functions of the project, and thus represent PME department within the project.
- See standard PME organization chart.
- Reports hierarchically to the PME Director / Manager.
- Reports functionally to the PrIM (Project Industrial Manager)
Network and links
- Product Engineering Manager, Manufacturing, Supply chain, Industrial Quality.
- Process Engineers, Manufacturing engineers / technicians, Special Process experts, Industrial Costing Manager.
- Tooling Engineer, Layout Engineer.
- APSYS Leader
- During specification and preliminary design phases:
- Make sure that Industrial requirements are well understood and taken into account by Engineering, during product specification and design.
- Monitor co-engineering activities with his Engineering counterpart. Animate ICONE workshops.
- Design the global macro-process, based on standard SMP.
- Prepare introduction of new technologies if need be, with associated process validation plan.
- Build the plan for tooling and other specific manufacturing equipment.
- Contribute to build the IMP (Industrial Management Plan)
- Set up the industrialization planning including all activities: Co-engineering activities, P-FMEA, deliverables mile stones, FAR/FAI.
- Build the IMFU (Industrial Maturity Follow-up)
- Set up and monitor the Industrialization Work Package: Man hours and manufacturing equipment budget. This according to the industrial RefLib, if any.
- During detailed design phase and before Serial Go:
- Manage the industrialization activity using IMFU.
- Perform P-FMEA.
- Ensure that industrial documentation is issued in due time with the good quality level.
- Monitor the process Method Time vs target.
- Ensure the availability of tools and workstations on schedule and consistent with EHS requirements, ergonomics and quality.
- Perform detailed line balancing and ensure the successful completion of the task sequencings.
- Lead FAR and FAI activities in order to validate product design and process industrialization.
- After serial Go:
- Manage industrialization of the retrofit after engineering changes.
- Contribute to build continuous improvement action plan along with Production to achieve manufacturing QCD targets.
- Other activities:
- Contributes to industrial costing during
- Participates to R&D programs as industrial representative.
- Perform industrial REX on manufacturing processes.
- Technical education.
- English read, written, spoken
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering background with 5 to 10 years’ experience preferably in the railway industry.
- Technical experience of Process Engineering, writing manufacturing work instructions, line balancing, Lean Manufacturing.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in working with an ERP (such as SAP) for Bill of Materials, Routings, Configuration follow-up
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards and Ergonomics.
- Knowledge of CAD and PLM tools (CATIA, DELMIA…)
- Familiar with IS common tools.
- Process FMEA, QRQC.
- Conscientious. Commits and delivers.
- Good leadership.
- Team Player. Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Decisive. Obtains and uses necessary information to make decisions. Refers decision to others when appropriate
- Logical and organized
- Good communication.