Waters Corporation is currently seeking a Product Improvement Manager (PIM) to join our company. Based at our corporate headquarters in Milford, this position provides an exciting opportunity to manage a portfolio of Liquid Chromatography (LC) products. The primary focus of the PIM team is to drive continual improvement of of our LCMS Systems throughout their lifecycle via the analysis of field derived data, identifying and facilitating improvement opportunities and monitoring and reporting resulting effectiveness.
The role works hand in hand with the Worldwide Global Services and Field Service Organizations to gain a keen understanding of the issues affecting customer success and delivers benefit by driving product and process improvements.
Reporting into the Global Quality Assurance organisation, the successful candidate will supportthe successful implementation of new product introductions and manage cross functional teams toresolve any resultant product issues. Interfacing with multiple parts of the broader organisation, this is a great opportunity for an individual to help improve product quality, support our customers and help grow our business.
- Analyze, evaluate and present data regarding the field quality of a select product portfolio of Liquid Chromatography products to identify opportunities to improve the product design or manufacturing process
- Prioirtize and coordinate investigations of field issues, ensuring robust documentation and completion of corrective actions to drive improvement in product quality metrics
- Assess the the risk of product issues to determine containment actions
- Define scope and initiate field actions such as customer notifications and retrofits
- Collaborate with the Operations team to understand quality issues arising during manufacturing that may cause field quality issues. Analyze, identify impact and work withfield supporting functions to mitigate potential risk to field
- Collaborate with the design teams during new product development activities tofacilitate the capture of design inputs from post market data back into the design process.
- Engage with the field service organisation to provide feedback on ongoing quality investigations and support for customer quality issues raised
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering, or related technical field. Advanced degreepreferred
- 3+ years of experience in technical role using Liquid Chromatography (LC) systems
- In-depth working knowledge of (LC) instrument performance, use, customer experience, construction, and functionality
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Ability to work independently across multiple organizations
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Good report writing and reviewing skills