As Systems Engineer, you will drive the planning, verification, and debug of various hardware IP for forthcoming AMD APU and Discrete Graphics SOC programs.
- Defining and executing the overall functional test plan and verification strategy for a set of AMD IP and SOC’s
- Driving technical innovation to enhance AMD’s capabilities in IP validation/verification, including tool and script development, technical and procedural methodology enhancement, and various internal and cross-functional technical initiatives.
- Debug of IP and SOC issues found during pre-silicon, bringup, validation, and production phases of SOC programs
- Working closely with supporting teams in design, diagnostics, emulation, firmware, and driver to ensure readiness for first silicon arrival, enablement of IP functionality, and debug of critical features.
- Engaging on pre-silicon verification efforts, including but not limited to FPGA-based emulation, Design Verification (DV), and other software/hardware modeling frameworks.
- Leading collaborative technical discussions to drive resolution on technical issues and roll out technical initiatives
- Developing knowledge of system architecture/debug and other IP’s
- Supporting issues on customer platforms as requested by customer support teams
Skills and Experience:
- At least 8 years’ experience in digital logic/platform design, verification, or post-silicon verification
- Strong programming/scripting skills (eg. C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Extensive experience with ASIC debug techniques and methodologies
- Extensive experience with common lab equipment, including protocol/logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Extensive experience with board/platform-level debug, including clock/power delivery, sequencing, analysis, and optimization
- Extensive knowledge of physical and protocol levels of common high speed interfaces an asset
- In-depth knowledge of PC architectures an asset
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must excel in a dynamic team working environment
- Leadership and mentoring skills a definite asset
- Must be a self starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Ability to be flexible in terms of responsibilities
Requisition Number: 55601