The product engineer plays an important part in making modern flight happen within our organization. Our product engineers provide manufacturing and field service engineering support for specialty seating products within the commercial and military aerospace industry. They are responsible for engineering support for both internal and external customers through problem-solving, product improvements, cost reduction, small-scale design, customer/authority compliance and engineering documentation maintenance.
In this role you will:
- Provide sustaining engineering support to aircraft manufacturers, airlines, and other aftermarket customers.
- Provide engineering support for operations, supply chain, quality, technical publications and program management.
- Update engineering documentation through Engineering change orders and Document Change Notices.
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) evaluation and disposition.
- Ensure quality product utilizing UTAS quality procedures.
- Audit work area for safety compliance.
- Adhere to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pace environment
- Knowledge of commercial and/or military specification
- Understanding of commercial and/or military aerospace design protocol
- Experience with aerospace certification and qualification requirements
- Experience in aerospace engineering design and manufacturing environment
- Project management skills
- Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (ABET-accredited University), Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years of experience within an engineering discipline
- 3D CAD experiencerequired (preferably NX, Pro-E, and AutoCAD)
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 67506BR