Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
5 - 7 years
Posted 62 days ago
Provide the necessary Product Engineering skills to the Engineering and Operations departments to achieve optimal levels of safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the enterprise's mission, vision and values in performance of daily activities.
• Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and Quality registration (ex. TS 16949, ISO 14001, etc.)
• Prepare all quotes related to internal and external engineering changes.
• Correspond with customer and internal product engineering groups concerning engineering changes related to manufacturing.
• Maintain Matrix-One database for plant/assembly operations.
• Assist finance in QAD and bill of material BOM maintenance.
• Communicate internally to coordinate and implement product and process engineering changes.
• Work independently or as part of a cross functional team to troubleshoot and effectively solve manufacturing line issues.
• Write procedures and work instructions as required.
• Attend or lead all pertinent meetings.
• Champion assigned engineering changes, communicate and coordinate accordingly to all departments.
• Participate in root cause analysis and team problem solving activities (ex. 7D reports, department meetings, etc.).
• Responsible for adhering to all OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
• Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized and verify individual usage of PPE by all the work team.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports directly to the Engineering Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, Materials, Tool and Die supervisors, and Quality Assurance. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, IT, Purchasing, Accounting and Maintenance.
• Ability to identify, select, train and coach engineering talent.
• Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial / Manufacturing / Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum eight (6) years of manufacturing experience (with working knowledge of welding, assembly, automation, tooling, stamping, related processes and quoting requirements thereof) and / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and product drawings.
• Ability to problem solve and work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Computer literacy and good knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
• Ability to produce quotes and maintain engineering databases
• Ability to read engineering prints
• Familiarity with bill of material (BOM) maintenance, material requirements planning (MRP) systems and coordination of materials and engineering change management systems
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
Duties includes but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk and hear. Ability to travel. Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.