Product Engineer Tech Lead
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area; Advanced degree a plus
- 8+ years of experience developing software including detailed design, prototyping, development, testing, deployment and delivery of scalable web applications
- Experience with Hadoop and NoSQL database
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as Amazon AWS, Azure or Google
- Experience in container technologies like Docker / Kubernetes a plus
- Experience working with the following: design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration/deployment, building highly scalable applications, application security, RESTful Web Services, source control (i.e. Git, SVN, etc.)
- Knowledge of Agile software development process, scrumexperience a plus
- Experience writing and executing unit tests, automated test frameworks a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
- Able to work under competing priorities, manage expectations effectively and support the team under pressure
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
- Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Healthcare Analytics team in New York. Healthcare Analytics is a part of McKinsey's New Ventures.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we’re hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will partner with cross-functional team members to design, develop, and maintain software applications and data services for our Healthcare Analytics & Delivery team.
In this role you will deliver new products to our clients, leveraging modern programming languages, cloud infrastructure, and scalable architecture. You will have a strong understanding of agile development, automated test, and continuous integration. You will lead a software development team and collaborate with vendor partners to enhance deliverables, improve processes, and advance capabilities.
In order to be successful, you will be an active learner, identifying and evaluating new tools and technologies to meet requirements. You will contribute code and participate in code reviews; you will break down user stories into technical tasks and requirements; and you will identify, communicate, and escalate risks when appropriate