Our client, a global manufacturer of industrial equipment is seeking a skilled and experienced Engineering professional to join their global team in the role of Product Engineer, at their location in Midwest. The chosen candidate will serve as the Product Engineer with emphasis on purchased mechanical assemblies. This role supports the client?s Remanufacturing function which entails taking a used product at the end of its intended life, and through use of engineering skills to determine how to bring it back to as-new condition. S/He will produce and/or evaluate possible remanufacturing solutions to improve quality, cost, and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications and remanufacturing methods.
* Furnish specifications for products, including appearance and packaging
* Analyze assignments and determine engineering specifications for remanufacture which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects
* Compile and furnish necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the remanufacturing solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the remanufactured part, with involvement of other functional groups and supplier personnel
* Provide technical support to suppliers, quality, supply management, accounting, marketing, manufacturing, and core management organizations
* Develop and/or execute test or analysis plans for product verification and validation to company standards
* Complete root cause analysis for immediate and systemic causes, and working with suppliers to correct those causes
* Maintain multiple product data bases
* Maintain technical relationships with Vendor suppliers
* Reverse engineer components where intellectual property needs to be developed
Best Industry ? Automotive, Industrial, Manufacturing
Best Department ? Engineering
Bachelor's Degree in a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering discipline or a related engineering discipline is required. MSDegree is a strong plus and preferred.
3 ? 5 years engineering experience (i.e. mechanical or electrical, product design, product application, testing (PV&V) etc.) is required.
Experience applying engineering principles as they relate to off-highway machinery is required.
Experience with problem solving methodology (i.e. Six Sigma, Red X, 5 why, 8D, or others)
Experience with rotating electrical (starters and alternators)
Experience in roles that required a basic knowledge of remanufacturing business
Experience using Service Advisor, DevX, SAP(PDX preferred) , PDMLink, Non-Conformance Corrective Action system, Business Objects, Parts Advisor, and/or DTAC
Experience with A3 (k-briefs), Creo, GD&T, SharePoint
Experience documenting and communicating technical and procedural issues to cross-functional teams, including suppliers
Product Verification & Validation (PV&V testing) experience
Experience working with international teams is preferred.
Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
Ability and experience working in a highly matrixed organizational structure within a diverse culture is preferred.
Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
Bilingual (Verbal and written) in Spanish is preferred.
Ability to travel up to 25% Domestic is required.
US Citizens or Green Card holders apply. H1b visa sponsorship will not be offered with this position.