Primary is a vertically integrated ecommerce brand that is changing how parents shop for kids clothes. We have our sights set on transforming the $30B kids clothing industry in the U.S. We are venture-backed, and building a team of superstars with significant experience across ecommerce, apparel, and technology. We launched mid-2015 tooverwhelming press and customer response (82 NPS score), and are on our way to building an break-through brand that can be part of millions of people’s lives. Our founders (both women!) were previously senior executives at Quidsi, the ecommerce company behind, which was acquired by Amazon for $545M.
We are looking for product focused engineers who want to help build an early stage e-commerce brand, with an emphasis on building client facing features, improving site performance, and helping the business achieve its goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing new features on the website with an eye towards performance
- Developing a more personalized approach to our application
- Teaching and helping other engineers to make the most of our framework
- Influencing ongoing design, architecture, and implementation decisions
- Someone that loves building features that others can use
- Enthusiastic about performance and measuring how your work affects the backend
- Willing to make tradeoffs for scalability (and understand when to make those tradeoffs)
- Someone that has mastered at least one technology stack and eager to continue learning others
- Experienced working with consumer facing websites
- Someone that has worked within a framework and understands the logical separation of concerns
- Very comfortable processing and exploring data using SQL
- Have used at least enough Linux to get around easily
We're also looking for:
- Not just a willingness, but a love of rolling up sleeves to do the work. Scrappy is your middle name.
- Clear thinking and strong judgment in ambiguous and/or complex situations
- No sharp elbows. You thrive in a kind/collaborative culture
- Someone that is comfortable and has experience with a startup environment
- Competency at all levels of the software stack
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our powerhouse team, we would love to hear from you!APPLY FOR THIS JOB