- LIGHTING PRODUCT ENGINEER
- Min 5year of exp
- Key technical interface with customers? design engineers and design studio. Coordinates and conducts regular design reviews with designers, optical engineers, electrical engineers, tooling engineers, manufacturing engineers and quality engineers.
- Effectively communicates design direction with the project team and the customer, suppliers, manufacturing and quality communities with support from engineering management as required. Maintains all appropriate documentation such as Design Open Issues List, meeting minutes, BOMs.
- Ensures compliance of product with regulatory requirements (FMVSS108, UNECE regs etc), customer specifications and Magna lighting best practices and work instructions.
- Hands-on approach to proving out concepts and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of GD&T and its implications, creation of DVP&Rs, DFMEAs, Supplier Statement-Of-Requirements, customer and component drawings etc.
- Provides engineering direction and support to designers and/or engineering personnel.
- Manages and rapidly rectifies test incidents that arise from the design of the part.
- Independently prioritizes the completion of tasks and resolution of issues to ensure compliance to program deliverables.
- Develops Design timing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience of 5+ years in automotive design with more than 2years of experience designing automotive lighting products.
- Plastic injection molding experiencepreferred
- Proficient in MS Office; general experience with CAD software such as Catia V5 or NX.
- Detail oriented
- 1st-time-right mentality
- Effective trouble shooting of issues
- Extensive knowledge of designing plastic injection molded parts and lamp assembly processes such as vibration welding, coating and multi-shot molding.
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical field.