Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
Product Engineer (NPI)
Job Summary: This position is a technical position with the primary objective of transitioning/introducing new projects into manufacturing environment. Other requisites include interfacing with design, process, and customer engineering to solve problems. The ultimate goal is to sustain products with repair cost reduction and yields improvements.
- The successful applicant will be responsible to work with different project teams to review and quote the effort needed to bring in repair opportunities to the Rock Hill/Fort Mill location.
- Responsible for the transition of new products and processes from the customer’s engineering Team to manufacturing and supply chain. This position will work closely with customer’s product engineering to define manufacturing requirements within the New Product Introduction process.
- Comply with ISO 13485 and ISO 9001 requirements on all projects and processes.
- Develop and execute Initial, Operational and Performance Qualification documents for verification of the test equipment and processes.
- Carry out process validation for new/existing manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements. Use of FMEA/PFMEA/control plan activities as well as risk management techniques.
- Participate in design review and verification/validation of new equipment and process.
- Familiar with internal, customer and ISO standard audits. Participate in a team to address internal/customer corrective and preventative action requests.
- Assist in the development and duplication of critical fixtures to improve test fixture redundancy. Suggests implementation of capital improvement projects as it relates to test equipment within the medical modalities.
- Update and help resolve any ECO issues concerning QA compliance for new product introduction shipments.
- The applicant should demonstrate a strong ability work within team as well as mange his or her responsibilities as an individual contributor.
- Knowledge and interpretation of drawings, technical specifications, flow charts, BOM review and product control documentation.
- Meet customer’s time and cost deadlines as well as the internal schedules. Act with integrity, competence and respect towards colleagues and customers.
- Travel 30%.
Required Skills and Education:
- 4 year degree is required. Engineer Job Description Must have Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Biomedical Engineering.
- NPI and project management experience required
- Have at least 5 years of solid experience in the related field.
- Good analytical reasoning, problem solving skills, and multitasking is required.
- Solid knowledge in electromechanical; analog, power and digital preferred.
- Communication and interpersonal skills required.
- 3D printer experience preferred.
- Excellent Knowledge in MS Excel preferred.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within medical manufacturing preferred.
- Six Sigma GB certification preferred.