Product Engineer in Microchip's Automotive Products Group (APG).
- Be a key interface between Microchip's business units and our automotive customers and/or field sales team supporting automotive customers.
- Take ownership and prepare responses to non-standard customer questions and requests (NSCARs) which will involve gathering, organizing, and presenting information from diverse parts of the company.
- Drive continuous improvement within the manufacturing and product groups in response to customer problems and communicate those actions in a manner that non-semiconductor and non-Microchip people can understand.
- Provide guidance and direction to product development teams attempting to meet automotive requirements, such as design for test, reliability robustness, outlier detection during test, Q100 qualification, and PPAP documentation.
- Work closely with Corporate and Field Quality team to address customer factory and field failures.
- Review and approve Product Change Notices and respond to customer requests for more information regarding those changes.
- Opportunity for leadership of cross functional teams.
- Enjoys customer interaction
- Skilled at persuasive speaking
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Familiarity TS-16949
- Awareness of ISO-26262 and functional safety concepts
- Familiarity with wafer manufacturing, assembly, and test processes.
- Understands non-volatile memory cell functionality
- Familiarity 8D reports, PPAPs, Q100 testing