Since its beginning over 48 years ago, CARDONE has grown from six employees into the largest privately-held automotive parts remanufacturer in the world. Headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, CARDONE is seeking an outstanding experienced Product Engineer to join our growing Research and development team.
The role offers an exciting opportunity, and a dream for automotive enthusiasts, to work in a secure and positive environment in a position critical to the future of this fast growing company. Our products are world recognized for their performance, innovation, value and quality.
Who are we?
Experience: 5-8 years’ related experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree-Mechanical Engineering
- Reverse engineering experiencepreferred
- Labview- Programming-Advanced level preferred
- ESP/Rack & Pinion experiencepreferred
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in the automotive or industrial field, capable of managing their day to day tasks while working in a team environment, knowledgeable with ESP/Rack & Pinion experience and advanced Labview skills. An interest in automotive products and applications is an asset.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions as the product technical expert to manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, technical services and vendors
- Develops functional and test specifications, process specifications, and test equipment requirements
- Designs BOM formats for new product lines and new technologies
- Approves consolidations and conversions
- Develops raw material specifications and gage dimensions
- Conducts raw material inspections
- Conducts warranty, labor claim and accident claim analysis
- Conducts finished goods inspections
- Provides product specific technical training to Design Engineers, Product Technicians and product Research Technicians
- Document product, criteria, and specifications.
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in LabView(Advanced)
- Hands on experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Organized & attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Work Environment
Some exposure to harsh conditions such as; dust, fumes, noise and varying temperatures for short periods of time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate continued knowledge of HAZCOM regulations and requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.