As Chick-fil-A continues to see significant growth, we continue to innovate. In efforts to improve efficiency for customers and Team Members, we are implementing a suite of solutions that integrate the Internet of Things (IoT), advanced analytics, machine learning, and advanced UI concepts with Chick-fil-A Restaurant operations.
As the Product Engineer Lead, you will be a member of the OperatorTechnology Solutions team within the Information Technology Department. A primary focus of this role is the product lifecycle of technology solutions in Chick-fil-A Restaurants across the country.
To be successful, we need an experienced product owner who's comfortable partnering with engineers and business users. You will have the opportunity to spend time in the field in our kitchens and Restaurants where you'll interact with Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and their teams. The goal of your role is to provide an engineering mindset to simplify complex operations, as well as evaluating the effectiveness of a proposed solution. You will provide product leadership for various parts of the Restaurant Technologyportfolio by influencing vision and setting direction among stakeholders and partners.
As part of this role, you will have the opportunity to grow in your expertise around Restaurant operations and design, get to work with cutting-edge technologies, and develop your understanding of the IT organization’s existing systems and capabilities.
- Interact with areas of the business including Field Operations, Restaurant Engineering, and Chick-fil-A Owners and Team Members.
- Translate high-level business requirements into functional and technical specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to those specifications.
- Effectively communicate with others to understand specific processes, deliver technical and functional requirements, and define success criteria.
- Manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities with effective project management.
- Assist in user acceptance testing
- Support the development of training and implementation materials, partnering with IT Communications Team.
- Manage the lifecycle of technology products including their roadmaps.
- Initiate and facilitate collaboration between business areas and technology teams.
- Drive decisions and determine compromises to keep projects moving forward.
- Manage uncertainty and the rapid change inherent in emerging technology.
- Familiarity with an engineering approach to problem-solving
- Experience leading product development and/or projects in a software engineering organization
- Experience with Agileproject management, including Scrum
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; gets along well with others
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Servant spirit with strong sense of stewardship
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter who completes tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Familiarity with working in a production or manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with some or all of the following: moderndatabases, cloud software patterns including microservices, modernscriptinglanguages such as Python, Internet of Things, and machine learning.
- Chick-fil-A Restaurant experience, or general familiarity with restaurant operation
Minimum Years of Experience
Required Level of Education