Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere — and for yourself — we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Product Engineer (Java Senior or Above), Product Innovation Team
Product Engineer, Digital Innovation Team
At TSYS, we’re building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital Innovation team, you’ll be part of a team passionate about technology and using it to modernize payments, and the overall bankingexperience. We build a wide variety of solutions from automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. We’re looking for people who want to join our team of designers, engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what’s happening.
Our Digital Innovation Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid, prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes “problem over process”. We’re huge advocates of open source and as a member of the Digital innovation team,you’ll not only work innovative user experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but you’ll also be working with a team of people who represent some of the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the envelope. We have sessions designed each week to bring the team together to learn and discuss topics that are critical to our industry and the evolution of our systems. Add to that our open work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams.
So what will your first day look like? First off, you’ll get a 15” Mac and work with a mentor to pull the latest project from Git. Your assigned mentor is someone who stays with you throughout your first 90 days to help you gain familiarity with our teams, tools and environment. After that, we’ll have you meet with different members of the team and get to know their specialties, process and nuances of the job. By the end of day one, you’ll commit and push your first code to the repo. We call this our “pilot push” and it promotes our culture of rapidly iterating and making progress.
- Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team to create technical designs, develop, test and solve complex problems that drive the solution from initial concept to production
- Contribute to our automated build, deploy and test processes for each solution
- Work in an iterative manner that fits well with the development practices and pace within the team
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team
- Conduct research on new and interesting technologies that help to progress our products and platforms
Highly Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Fluent, open communication style – speaking, writing, collaborating
- Minimum three years relevant experience with advanced coding skills
- Experiencedesigning and developing large distributed, mobile, machine learning, responsive web or API software systems
- Experience working in a team-based, agile development environment
- Github profile with submissions to open source projects
- Exposure to the technologies mentioned above and expertise in using them
- Experience breaking down requirements, recommending solutions and organizing to deliver it
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Fluent, open communication - both speaking and writing
- Experience working in an agile development environment is preferred
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
TSYS Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 4+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 6+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp