Product Engineer III
This position is responsible for the design, development, validation and release of new and/or current production, components, assemblies or mechanisms. It is the Product Engineer's responsibility to address product development and design issues as required in a timely manner and with a quality focus.
About Linamar/McLaren Engineering
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries and markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged employees. McLaren Engineering, the engineered products division of Linamar Corporation, is a company focused on the design, development and testing of advanced automotive driveline and powertrain systems.
· Perform standard engineering analysis (stacks, calculations, interfacing with Core Eng. Groups)
· Design, develop and validate products with adherence to engineering disciplines
· Perform design release activity such as Bill of Material management, drawing review and approval
· Perform change management activity such as creating and tracking engineering change requests
· Support customer technical meetings and presentations
· Translate customer functional requirements into sub-system / component design solutions and technical specifications
· Support production launch activities for the responsible products
· Develop and manage DVP&R based on technical specifications and product requirements
· Support DFMEA activity for the responsible products
· Support DFM and DFA activities with Linamar manufacturing plants and suppliers to assure manufacturing feasibility of designs
· Support quote process for design changes
· Support Linamar launch process (CFLP) for program execution
· Participate in value analysis and value engineering activities
· Manage and coordinate CAD and CAE support of projects
· Utilize problem solving techniques such as 8-D, IS/IS-NOT, fishbone, Red X and 6-Panels as part of failure analysis
· This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent
· Five to Eight years of engineering experience
· Familiar with GD&T, dimensional tolerancing and tolerance stacks
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Familiarity with DFMEA, DVPR and Control Plans,
· MS Office proficient
· Experience writing technical specifications, validation test procedures and test reports
· Experience with CAD/CAE is desirable
· Strong decision making skills, with the ability to grasp technical concepts quickly
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and requirements for component design
· Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks to completion
· Ability to collaborate and work in team environment .