Ensign-Bickford Aerospace & Defense Company (EBA&D) is a leader in energetic system solutions offered to aerospace and defense customers for a wide array of applications. EBA&D products & capabilities set the U.S. standard and are highly sought after in the international community.
EBA&D seeks an accomplished engineer for the position Product Engineer III, reporting to the Value Stream Manager. The position is located in Simsbury, CT.
This position supports the Value Stream Manager. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of product engineering including but not limited to the following;
- Develops manufacturing processes to achieve defined quality and rate goals, including training of operators.
- Create and update production technical data package documents IAW customer requirements.
- Develop layout of manufacturing cell design including tooling, machinery and equipment.
- Prepares process documentation including standard work packages, and manufacturing instructions and process specifications in a visual format.
- Populates product structures and routers in IFS Applications, an ERP system.
- Participates in new product development and failure investigations.
- Responsible for Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Develops preventative maintenance schedules and supports the mechanics in maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance while maintaining effectiveness of product work cell.
- Drives continuous improvement activities including lean Cell conversion, SPC implementation and SMED.
- Interface with a variety of personnel in support of production including operators, quality engineers, inspectors, shop floor supervisors, program managers, project engineers and design engineers.
- Experience in plastic extrusion, powder handling and processing and material reduction processes is a plus.
The successful candidate must have a BS/MS in an engineering discipline, preferably mechanical engineering or manufacturing engineering and 5+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering.
- Experience in manual and semi-automated mechanical assembly, process development and evaluation.
- Experience in lean manufacturing systems and techniques.
- Familiarity with configuration management practices.
- Fundamental knowledge of root cause/corrective and preventative action and the ability to walk project teams and customers through the analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite software.
- Background inSix Sigma,LeanManufacturing or Continuous Improvement and strong problem solving skills.
Knowledge of hazardous materials, energetic materials and ordnance devices
Experience with PFMEA and DFMEA.