As a Product Engineer, at John Deere’s Construction & Forestry Division (Dubuque Works), you will support the Backhoe PDP group that leads ongoing development of hydraulic power management strategies and associated pump hardware for current and future PDP/global programs. In addition, you will:
- Design mobilehydraulic system and sub-systems for new PDP programs and ongoing continuous improvement projects.
- Primary focus will be leading the development of hydraulic pump components and power control system solutions to achieve performance, efficiency, quality, financial and schedule goals.
- Utilize Matlab and Simulink tools to develop power control models.
- Conduct investigations into dynamic performance enhancements and troubleshoot control related issues.
- Develop complex hydraulic system and sub-system schematics.
- Effectively interface with dynamic systems modeling group, system engineering and powertrain experts to complete system integration and development tasks.
- Leverage key supplier experts to support the development of new hydraulic components and system architectures.
What Skills You Need
- 3 or more years of experience in a Product Engineering Design environment.
- Development experience relating to industrial or mobilehydraulic systems and related component applications.
- Technical experience relating to developing/diagnosing hydraulic systems, pump controls and components.
- Strong desire and ability to learn and applyhydraulic system/component design principals to ongoing design activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficient with Creo (Pro-Engineer), project management techniques and engineering analysis fundamentals.
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestic and internationally, up to 10%.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Practical design experience with industrial or mobilehydraulic pumps and developing pump control architecture.
- Experience using Matlab and/or Simulink control system modeling software.
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.