Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Support designated product line in the areas of product development, product line maintenance, production release, production support, and product applications. This position will require working with a variety business departments including: Marketing, Production, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, New Product Engineering, Customer Service, Field Sales and Management.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering Designs and Analysis with an 80% emphasis in Mechanical Engineering & 20% in ElectricalEngineering. Focus will be in the area of High Voltage Transmission Line hardware and assemblies along with High Voltage Substation Connectors.
- Assist Marketing with reviews of customer specifications and requirements for project needs and provide solutions with existing product offering combinations. For instances where existing product offerings do not exist, part modifications or new products will need to be developed.
- Interface closely with Marketing Team members to develop the technical documents necessary for bidding packages. Required information will include drawings, costs, test reports and any other documents needed.
- Material take-out initiatives for maintaining competitive product line costs.
- Participate or lead Lean Initiative Events related to product line development, support and maintenance.
- Maintain and create AutoCAD and UniGraphics 2-D and 3-D files needed for Marketing or Manufacturing needs.
- Perform or oversee mechanical and electrical testing required for product development and maintenance.
- Provide technical assistance to Marketing, Customer Service, Field Sales and Customers in the areas of product performance, applications and maintenance.
- Assist in product training activities that may involve internal staffing or customer training events.
- Very limited travel requirements involving off-site testing of products, Marketing support, field review of product applications or training activities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips (limited travel needs); ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required; able to walk around the manufacturing shop floor and lift 50 pounds as needed (part inspection, part fit check, product testing, etc.)
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: BS degree in engineering (Mechanical Engineeringpreferred), AutoDesk Inventor 2D/3D knowledge and Microsoft Office proficiencies
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Engineering related design and verification of product design & application
- Rationalization of product line addition needs associated with customer specifications