Broad Functions: Under direction of functional director/mgr., designs new products and improves present products in accordance with military and/or customer specifications. Serves as consultant to Marketing, Contracts, Field Service, and customers, as required. Designs products to meet customers' requirements and all applicable specifications. Troubleshoots, defines, and initiates corrective action for Manufacturing problems. Evaluates and implements new, more cost-effective designs. Responsibilities :
- Designs new adaptations or modifications to existing products to increase reliability, improve performance, and reduce cost Support Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality Assurance in reaching timely solutions to production technical problems.
- Prepares instructions for test programs for product analysis of new designs or modifications of present products. Evaluate test results and recommend course of action.
- Prepare engineering technical data for communication with Production, Quality Assurance, Accounting, and Marketing.
- Prepare technical design reports on projects assigned.
- Prepare mathematical analysis for product design or evaluation of electrical system characteristics.
- Interprets specifications and outlines the task required to satisfy the specification requirements and, under direction of a Principal Engineer, performs such tasks as assigned.
- Provides Marketing, Manufacturing, and others with technical assistance.
- Provides designing and drafting guidance as required to Engineering Assistants.
Education and Experience:
- BSEE Required (Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering a plus)
- Familiar with component selection and reliability analyses.
- Awareness of Power Electronics application
- Embedded software experience a plus
- Experience with software tools such as P-SPICE, MATLAB, LABVIEW AND/OR PADS A PLUS
- Design Experience for Navy applications a plus
- Good technical writing skills required.