Product Engineer - EE
- Job Number: 113005080
- Santa Clara Valley, California, United States
- Posted: Sep. 20, 2017
- Weekly Hours: 40.00
Apple is seeking a Product Engineer with excellent ElectricalEngineering skills to work with Product Design, Test, Product Quality, Supplier Quality, Contract Manufacturers, and field organizations to deliver high quality systems.
- ElectricalEngineering skills including familiarity with circuit and system design, and manufacturing processes and test.
- Excellent skills in failure analysis of systems, circuits, and their components including cross-sectional analysis, Optical Microscopy, X-Ray, SEM/EDS, FTIR, XPS, etc.
- Familiar with design and schematic tools.
- Familiar with test strategies: In-Circuit Testing, board functional tests, and industry standard test methodologies such as JTAG.
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality.
- In-depth knowledge of quality and reliabilityengineering for managing mass production quality control.
- Contract Manufacturer production quality and process management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Precise technical communication including deep level of engineering analysis and details.
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy, and methodical & efficient problem solving skills including engineering DOEs.
- Experience or knowledge in test engineering, reliabilityengineering and quality engineering
- Experience in system manufacturing, SMT, and transitioning new products into manufacturing.
- Proven 8D and RCCA based problem solving and transformation. A high level of experience with quality metrics and SPC.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of logic board quality, design quality, components, and assemblies Responsibilities will include: Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality Driving debug & failure analysis with Product Design, Component Engineering, Test, and Supplier Quality. Delivery of Design For Manufacturing (DFM) and Test requirements. Develop accelerated testing methodologies. Lead quality improvement teams to improve field performance. Participate in Field Failure Analysis efforts and DPPM reduction. Communication of PCBA test requirements and specifications. Participate in New Product Introductions and driving PCBA design. Systemic yield improvements and reporting. 8D based improvements based on lessons learned. Excellent written and verbal skills required
BS/MS EE with 8+ years experience in design & manufacture of systems, PCBAs, assembly, and test Industry leadership (such as ASQ) and consumer electronics experience is preferred