Are you a creative problem-solver with strong analytical skills to develop comprehensive design solutions? Do you enjoy opportunities to brainstorm and innovate with a team to offer high-value products? Our client, a very successful supplier to the automotive manufacturing industry, is seeking a dynamic Product Engineer to join their Buffalo facility.
The successful candidate will be a part of a globally recognized company that offers technologically innovative solutions for automotive and industrial applications. The company attributes their success to having diverse, competent teams of innovative, out of the box thinkers who want to reach their full potential, and by giving back to their community through various social engagement activities.
- Designing and developing AC compressor components working with design personnel
- Developing and authoring engineering specifications for components and assemblies to be used in manufacturing facilities to mass-produce compressor components and assemblies
- Creative, diagnostic and innovative problem solving as applied to engineering problems
- Utilize DFMEA/PFMEA processes to provide a robust design prior to mass production
- Blueprint reading and interpretation & specification of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Assist with preparation and execution of test units
- Analyze test data and organize results relative to internal or customer specifications with observations and conclusions
- Apply engineering practices to reach design solutions
- Participate in innovation, product cost, and quality improvement initiatives
- Participate in cross-functional teams related to customer program launch activity
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing plants to insure product design for high value and manufacturability
- Minimum Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in precision products development
- Understanding of principles of statics, dynamics, mechanics of materials, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, strengths of materials, thermodynamics, physics (mechanical and electrical), and engineering design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey technical concepts efficiently
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Automotive/Residential/Commercial HVAC development preferred.