Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS), a division of Hubbell Incorporated, engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of transmission, distribution, substation, underground, OEM and communications products used by utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This is an engineering role responsible for the product line maintenance, product line testing, new product development and working with the Product Line Manager to grow the Distribution Connector sales and profitability.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests and interfacing with various departments including Manufacturing, Mfg Engineering & QA Departments)
- Product line variations (design, test & document product variations needed for specific customer demands)
- Review Customer specifications for requested projects, design a solution using Hubbell products, develop the associated 2D drawings for bid packages & provide costing to Product Line Manager for pricing efforts.
- Perform or assist with mechanical and/or electrical testing needs to qualify or validate product performance.
- Collaborate with Product Line Manager in efforts to understand industry needs and define product line additions necessary to gain greater market share.
- Assist Product Line Manager in assisting Customers with application needs/questions and may include customer training of proper product application/installation.
- Lead up new products, by designing, testing and launching these products to the market.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required; lead up training presentations, which include hands on demonstrations; work out in plant operations from time to time.
RECOMMENDED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND: BS degree in engineering (Mechanical Engineeringpreferred), Inventor 2D/3D knowledge and Microsoft Office proficiencies, SAPexperience a plus.
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Engineering related design and verification of product design & application
- Rationalization of product line addition needs associated with customer specifications