- Participate in the design, release and successful adoption of the Python API for ArcGIS across multiple industries and a particular focus on national security interests.
- Develop sample integrations, tutorials and documents for working with Jupyter Notebooks and the ArcGIS System
- Leverage open source as well as proprietary modules using Python
- Perform bug fixes and maintenance tasks for relevant and related products
- Write samples and guides using Jupyter Notebooks, SOK guides and blog posts
- Design, test, release, and support ArcGIS software for geoprocessing and analysis to enhance overall product quality and applicability for supporting data science workflows and needs
- Participate in the design of new functionality for future releases
- Identify workflow, data sources and enhancements for existing analytic methods and techniques
- Evangelize data science community to our software community through various venues such as user documentation, educational materials, social media and online content
- Ability to apply analytical rigor and statistical methods to data and be comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, and high-dimensionality data from varying sources.
- Incumbents are effective communicators capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
- Strong background in statistical theory and application
- Industry experience with case analysis, requirement gathering, and documenting to enhance existing software
- Experience with designing, documenting, and executing functional test plans, in a commercial software environment
- Knowledge of mocking up user experience modifications to support new software features
- 2 or more years experience with geoprocessing and Python scripting
- Knowledge of RDBMSs, such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, statistics, geoscience, or related field, depending on position level