Strategic partnerships is the Crestron Electronics approach to product development, production, and manufacturing, including support of our procurement organization to properly leverage its purchasing power with design effectiveness for the best possible solutions and supplier partnerships. The right candidate will possess technical experience in the areas of part and sub-assembly integration to system level assembly, and experience with build to print parts such as sheet metal, plastics, castings, and Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs).
This individual will learn to understand the details of the Crestron products so that they can understand product requirements, design for manufacturability implementation, and production phases. This position will work in a diverse team of talented development, manufacturing, and production experts within a cross functional organization, requiring interface experience with development teams and suppliers.
- Work in conjunction with the development engineering teams to review new product designs early-on in the design phase and perform DFA studies and generate DFA reports, and implement best practices for manufacturability
- Review product assembly structure, assembly drawings and BOM’s, and build-to-print drawings to ensure accuracy, as well as inclusion of critical assembly details and requirements for manufacturing and quality, both in-house and at Contract Manufacturers (CM’s)
- Develop mechanical reliability test plans in conjunction with Engineering Services and Technology Management to validate product performance (mechanism cycle testing, button cycle testing, etc.) and simulate product installation processes, along with the applicable test equipment.
- Develop assembly fixtures and tools for new products
- Support work instructions and packaging instructions creation for new products
- Manage the transition of new products through the NPI phase to the Production Line
- Work in conjunction with the Safety/Training department to have all automated fixtures approved and have operators trained
- Work in conjunction with Quality Engineering to resolve material issues that impact product assembly
- Support the Production Line when assembly issues are determined to be design related
- Support Crestron CM’s by introducing them to new products and reviewing their DFA reports, as well as by assisting with design, material, and assembly issue resolutions
- Generate ECR’s (Engineering Change Requests) to drive design, BOM, material, and/or drawing changes for product issue resolution, improvement, or optimization for DFA/DFM
- Generate and approve DVN’s (Deviation Notices) to document deviations from the assembly BOM and drawings for the Production Line
- Represent Crestron Electronics to Contract Manufacturers (CM’s). Have direct CM interface including travel to CM sites. Build relationships with suppliers/CM’s to ensure that products and assemblies meet Crestron requirements and schedule.
- Innovate new methods and processes to support Crestron Electronics product development, production, and manufacturing
- Collaborate with Quality Engineering leaders and cross-functional sourcing teams to evaluate and communicate project, part, and sub-assembly needs to expedite quality deliverables that meet requirements.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent Bachelor of Science Degree; M.S. not required but is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Electronics (electromechanical) Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Design, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related field, working with the design, integration, and manufacturing of electronic assemblies
- Experience in the design and manufacturing processes related to plastic injection molding, metal CNC machining/milling, sheet-metal/stamping, and extruded fabrication is preferred. Experience in the design and manufacturing processes related to printed circuit board assemblies (PCBs) and final finished product assemblies is a benefit as well.
- Understanding of good design and manufacturing practices for support of DFA/DFM activities
- Ability to analyze product designs and identify areas for simplification and cost reduction to support DFA/DFM activities
- Experience with mechanical reliability testing and related equipment
- Familiarity with integrating PLC’s into mechanical assemblies to create automated devices is a bonus
- Ability to designmechanical components and assemblies using Creo/ProEngineer. SolidWorks or an equivalent 3D CAD tool is acceptable as an alternative.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD is a plus, but not required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products, such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP systems is a benefit.
- Must possess excellent problem resolution, judgment, and decision making abilities.
- Must be a high-energy, hands-on individual that is self-confident in his/her technical abilities. Must be very detail-oriented and thorough in performing tasks.
- Must be able to demonstrate exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic international team environment.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and communicate project status and issues clearly to all organizations
- Ability to manage multiple project workloads and meet deadlines on time
- This person will work autonomously often and shall be able to self-manage tasks, schedules and responsibilities. This person shall also have unquestioned integrity and always present themselves in a professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter and have a drive to learn new skills, practice continuous improvement, and influence positive change onto processes within the company
- Language: Fluent in American English. Fluency in Spanish or Mandarin Chinese is a plus.
- Travel: 5% - day travel and overnight travelinternational and within the USA.