Provides technical expertise in handling customer-driven and internal product changes, launching new products, and post-launch activities, ensuring successful execution of changes and launching of new products, and customer satisfaction. As part of the Engineering team, contributes to the attainment of department goals/objectives and to the establishment of guidelines, documentation, planning/development and advancement of the department.
Responsibilities ? Product Engineer
- Leads and manages all customer-driven and internal product changes
- Participates in design reviews for new products, tools, processes, and equipment. Reviews designs for manufacturability and performs risk assessments
- Provides project management and technical leadership in launch activities, ensuring the New Product Review process (NPR) is followed.
- Performs procurement functions, which includes, establishing performance specifications on all purchases such as gage R&R, production rates, quality levels and machine efficiencies.
- Participates in design reviews for new products, tools, processes, and equipment. Reviews designs for manufacturability and performs risk assessments.
- Participates in lean manufacturing initiatives and incorporates lean and continuous improvement concepts in work activities and completion of projects.
Requirements ? Product Engineer
? Bachelor?s Degree in Engineering or related field
? 5-10 years engineering experience in a high-volume automotive setting with automated machining, assembly, and tooling experience.
? Proficient skills in CAD, PQ2, GD&T, and 5s
? Solid knowledge in the following: gating, runner design, PQ2 diagrams, atomization, gate velocity, and tool design.
? Solid understanding and experience in moldflow modeling simulations and interpretations.