his opening is in the department responsible for providing engineering support tocustomers, field service, and the factory on engineering-related issues. Responsible for analysis, design, and problem solving for various electrical microprocessor control vehicle systems, along with technologies related to automated material handling products. Will also take a lead role in interpreting and communicating forklift regulatory standards around automation. Responsible for impact of decisions pertaining to product cost, performance, reliability, warranty, and cost of operation.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Works under the supervision of senior engineer or manager to investigate issues, establish root cause, and make adaptations/modifications to existing designs. May initiate original designs.
- Works with cross-functional groups to provide support for new product development teams.
- Utilizes professional expertise in the application of C++ in embedded vehicle systems.
- Provides awareness and knowledge of national and international forklift regulatory standards requirements to cross-functional project teams.
- Works with external suppliers to develop and test components or sub-systems.
- May recommend changes in project direction in response to changing business requirements or results of testing or analysis.
- Travels to customers, suppliers, and standards meetings as required.
- Possesses the ability to plan, prioritize, organize, and carry out technical activities.
- Able to present technical material to a diverse audience, both orally and in writing.
- Detail oriented with good documentation skills.
- Comfortable working in a team environment with both on- and off-site teammates.
- Possesses a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Electrical skills needed for system troubleshooting on the intended hardware.
Greene, NY - Building 1-G1
A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or related discipline, plus at least one year of related experience is required. Experience with CANbus, circuit card design and layout, microprocessors, power circuits, C++ programming, electric motors (AC and DC), energy storage systems, and UL, forklift, and/or automation standards is desirable.