We are looking for Product Engineer for our client in ?Auburn Hills, MI
Job Title: Product Engineer
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Product Engineer-Chassis Systems - SPR - EC1294
- Min year of exp - 3 - 6 years
Requirements / Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- If an entry level candidate then GPA minimum of 3.0
- 2 years engineering design and development experience (preferred)
- Demonstration of automotive interest (via hobbies or college project)
- Demonstrated passion to work in automotive industry
- High performance driving experience and proficiency.
- Vehicle ride and handling subjective evaluationexperience -Strong understanding of automotive steering and suspension components and function.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Excellent problem solving skills -Ability to lead when required, proven team building skills.
- Organized, self-motivated, work as required to support projects. Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) ?
- Significant amount of travel, 2-3 weeks at a time during winter months
- Preferences: Previous experience in automotive ride and handling development. Data acquisition and data processing skills. Strong understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application -
- Location: Time split between Chelsea, MI, and Auburn Hills, MI
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally up to 40%
- Primary responsibility is to perform ride, handling, and steering development of vehicles.
- Working with a lead engineer, tires, steering, and suspension components will be specified to meet program performance targets, using a combination of simulation, objective testing, and subjective methods.
- Subjective evaluation of ride, steering, and handling performance, as well as objective measurement of certain attributes will be required.
- Responsibilities include coordination of prototype vehicles, parts, and union mechanic activities, execution and documentation of development activities, and presentation of results.
- Handling testing can be physically demanding. Significant amount of travel is required during winter months.
- Manager is open to entry level candidates with a 3.0 or higher GPA (which must be indicated on the resume).
- Automotive internshipexperience is a plus, but not required.