We are looking for ?Product Engineer for our client in Auburn Hills, MI
Job Title: Product Engineer
Job Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- ?Begins to mentor other team members as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Supports Product strategy activities as directed by Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for product design, engineering and development of assigned programs.
- Creates and maintains DFMEA.
- Initiates Engineering Change Notices for engineering changes.
- Leads multi-disciplined design reviews on programs assigned.
- Understands, interprets, and applies design solutions based on CAE analysis.
- Maintains BOM on assigned products.
- Writes Engineering Change Orders for engineering changes.
- Coordinates prototype builds on assigned programs, including development of prototype build control plan.
- Works closely with manufacturing engineers and purchasing on component procurement.
- Performs Design Review by Test Result (DRBTR) teardown analysis of passing and failing test parts.
- Performs root cause analysis for test or production issues.
- Monitors individual program status and reports this information to Engineering Manager and Program Manager.
- Represents STRATTEC in weekly Program Development Team meetings with customer.
- Utilizes the STRATTEC Program Development Process (PDP) for program implementation.
- Utilizes the STRATTEC Knowledge Management System (SKMS) for communicating engineering-related program deliverables.
- Reports progress to manager both verbally and in writing as required.
- Generates and implements cost reduction ideas.
- Uses engineering tools and methods to assure design quality, mentors others in there use and learning of these tools.
- Periodic travel to customer, suppliers, other STRATTEC/VAST facilities is required (~10%).
- Leads VAST initiatives and global teams as required.
- Interfaces with global customers, partners, and suppliers as required.
- Must be able to conceptualize, plan and develop small electro-mechanical devices and mechanisms.
- Must be able to perform strength of material and static force calculations.
- Must have the ability to design springs and perform spring force/stress calculations is required.
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Must have mechanical aptitude to work with tools in tearing down product assemblies.
- Must be able to multi-task, plan and organize work efficiently and effectively.
- Must be able to work in a cross functional team and be able to effectively communicate ideas.
- Must be able to present engineering data and progress directly to customers.
- Must be self-sufficient and be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Must have experience with DFMEA, DFM, DFA.
- Must have experience in performing tolerance stacks.
- Must have experience dimensioning and applying tolerances to components and assemblies.
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T principles.
- Must have experience with design for manufacturability/assembly (mechanisms, metal stampings, plastic injection molded parts, die cast parts, gears etc).
- Must have 3D modeling experience (Pro-E, UG/NX or CATIA V5).
- Must have experience in designing gears and performing gear calculations.
- Must have experience in formal root cause analysis methodology. Red X or 8D is preferred.
- Must have experience in working with CAE analysis team (FEA, ADAMS, Moldflow etc).
- ?Good oral and written English language skills.
- German and/or Spanish language knowledge desirable.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting environment.
- BSME or related technical degree is required.
- 5-15years minimum experience in product development required.
- Previous project leadership required.
- Product design experience of electro-mechanical systems is preferred.