Do you want to work on a cutting edge software system in the emerging industry of 2D and 3D indoor mapping? Do you have passion for helping software teams test, stabilize, as well as support the design of complex geospatial software systems? If you are an experienced quality assurance engineer, then ArcGIS Indoors team is looking for you. As a part of the ArcGIS Indoors team, you will help test, document, release, and support the design of desktop, web, and mobile GIS software used by a wide array of industries to support indoor operations.
- 3+ years of professional experience involved in testing or quality assurance of software, including authoring and executing test plans
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop), ArcGIS Enterprise, Portal for ArcGIS, and the Geodatabase
- Python coding skills to support test automation
- Working knowledge of SQL as well as relational and spatial databases
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's or higher in geography, GIS, urban planning, information systems, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Test plan authoring, execution, and automation for capabilities you help design
- N-path testing, acceptance testing, performance testing, manual and automated regression testing of desktop, web, and mobile geospatial applications
- Log discovered defects against test plan into the defect tracking system that includes clearly articulated reproducible steps and dataset to reproduce
- Verify that resolved defects have been corrected and retest that related areas of the software have not regressed with new defects
- Geospatial test data set creation within Enterprise and file Geodatabases using ArcGIS Pro
- Creation and publication of web maps and mobile map packages to support testing activities of web and mobile applications
- Python script authoring in support of testing and test automation of Geoprocessing tools
- Provide direction to user experience test automation engineers on test cases to automate
- Author user guide topics on capabilities you work on
- Participate in, and provide feedback on user experience designs
- Support users, partners, and consultants in understanding how to use and apply the software
- Work with product owner and developers to develop functional and workflow designs for geospatial data management software
- Perform industry needs assessment and requirements gathering from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Scrum user story and acceptance criteria authoring
- Present on product at conferences and host internal training events
- Experience with mobile and web application testing
- Experience with SQL Server, or an equivalent RDBMS
- Knowledge of data conversion/migration
- Familiarity with CAD data formats including DWG, DGN, and/or Revit
- Experience with Bentley Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Experience working on an agile software development team
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to think quickly