The Product Director for Digital Services Georgia is responsible for managing development and support for the state of Georgia's enterprise Drupal platform, as well as other ancillary product offerings for the platform. You will manage the internal product team that provides support, training, development, user experience, quality assurance, and business requirements for the platform, as well as manage the platform's external service providers. The product director is also responsible for maintaining the strategic roadmap for the platform.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the product team, ensuring alignment with divisional and/or GTA business plans. Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Maintains and implements the product roadmap for the Drupal Web Platform
- Oversees additional product offerings
- Manages the product team, including support, training, QA, design, requirements, and development for GeorgiaGov product offerings
- Manages product service providers
- Works closely with Engineering teams
- Works with the Chief Digital Officer to develop strategic product direction
- Familiarize yourself with the Digital Services Georgia (DSGa) product components and its potential impact on state agencies and constituents as a whole
- Practice a user first design process from planning to production roll-out.
- Oversee the product line's life cycle and anticipate any problems
- Evaluate industry best practices and position DSGa products so that they benefit state agencies and help constituents.
- Create product roadmaps and maintain current state for enhancements and growth
- Maintain transparency in release cycles and publish notes for the rest of the enterprise
- Track customer tickets and identify opportunities to grow products
- Create mission statement for product launch and forecast performance in individual channels
- Manage a team of UX, UI, testing, and support specialists.
Required Skills / Experience:
Candidate must be organized and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, and able to handle multiple priorities in a fast moving environment.
- In depth knowledge of the functionality of Drupal
- Understanding of CMS customers and their unique website needs
- Experience leading and managing computer training
- Experience leading customer support
- Experience managing direct reports
- MS Word, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio
- Conduct effective customer/user interviews
- Build revenue, pricing, and adoption models.
- Experiment design and analysis.
- Effective meeting design and facilitation
- Mapping and understanding complex competitive, partner, and customer ecosystems. Complexity and systems thinking. Domain research
- Basic data modeling, JSON, XML, working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases. SQL, REST APIs, processing data using Python, etc.
- Experience with analytics tools, and business intelligence tools. Know what you're looking for, and where to find it.
- Broad understanding of usability, usability testing, usability heuristics. Ability to communicate to the user experience team using a common language
- Awareness of cognitive biases, and how they impact decision making.
- Communication skills: listening, verbal, writing, and visual communication
- Effective note-taking
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- 3+ years' product development experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of the market and industry
- Excellent networking skills, especially with regard to distribution channels and social media
- Strong motivational skills, especially when it comes to leading a team
- Three years of experience in the area of assignment
- Team lead or project lead experience
Preferred Qualifications and Certifications:
- Content management systems
- Open source software
- Omni channel product management