The Product Director, Professional Services will support the growth of a range of content-driven digital professional development (PD) offerings designed to improve implementations of i-Ready and Ready, a suite of sophisticated assessment and instruction products in the K-8 educational market.
The ideal candidate will bring a passion for “cracking the code” of a model of blended PD with measurable impact on teacher and leader behaviors and student outcomes. Additionally, he/she will have an aspirational view of the role that professional development can play in influencing practice change for teachers and leaders, a drive for continuous improvement and excellence, and a bias towards execution and iterative experimentation.
This position will report to the Vice President, Professional Services and work cross-functionally with Curriculum Associates’ PD content development, PD field support, sales, i-Ready and Ready product development, and marketing teams.
Impact you'll have:
- Lead collaborative process of defining a digital roadmap for professional services offerings that is inclusive of initiatives that support our current PD sales and delivery strategy, as well as other potentially revenue-generating market opportunities that are complementary to our approach, and own roadmap execution and implementation.
- Refine and execute on iterative piloting plans that test hypotheses about instructional design, content, and functionality, including defining success metrics and capturing data to inform future development decisions
- Develop and create stakeholder buy-in for platform requirements to support near and longer-term digital PD initiatives, lead process for evaluation and selection process, and work with Business Services team to develop and sustain an internal plan to support the selected platform.
- Collaborate with i-Ready platform team to map out longer-term plans for housing educator learning opportunities within i-Ready and develop multi-year plan for migration of digital PD offerings.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine pricing and packaging strategies for integrating digital PD into CA’s service offerings in the near and longer-terms.
- Inform digital course planning and development through providing market insights, voice of the customer, and competitive analyses.
- Collaborate to formalize a business case for digital professional services including metrics for determining return on investment.
What we're looking for:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate a strong interest in working for a mission-centric, value-driven organization. Ideal candidates will also exhibit qualifications including:
- 6–8years of product management experience with track record of successfully building and growing content-driven product lines. Experience in K-8 education market, in particular professional services, strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; master’s degree in business, education or a related field preferred.
- Prior classroom experiencepreferred.
- Experience developing, piloting or managing eLearning initiatives and familiarity with adult learning current landscape preferred.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional, team-based environment
- Creative, resourceful thinker with a “can-do,” positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and meet appropriate deadlines
- A passion for adult learning, coupled with a deep respect for teaching and instructional leadership as a profession and a belief in the potential for excellence in all educators and students.